Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Next "Just Wait and See"

Nate and I are here at the chemo clinic for his fourth round. We saw our Oncologist this morning and talked about our timeline for the surgery and more scans. Our Oncologist is so great. He spends a ton of time with us, is so patient, and answers our questions so thoroughly that I can usually cross off other questions on my list! We're so grateful for good people!

We decided to do another MRI on Monday, April 30. So, we're back to our "Just wait and see". We'll use this to compare to the MRI he had in Omaha to see if the chemo is working to shrink and kill those stinking tumors. We are hopeful! Depending on what they see, we may be able to get the surgery scheduled soon after that. He's scheduled to have his 5th round of chemo on May 1st so the soonest the surgery could be is about the second week of June. He'll need to have a month off of chemo for his blood counts to recover to hopefully decrease complications in surgery and healing time.

It's amazing what can be done with modern medicine! I'm very aware of the fact that 10-15 years ago, Nate wouldn't have been offered any treatment. What a crazy and depressing thought. We are so grateful!

Just received Nate's blood work (labs) back, and he's doing great! His blood counts are all still in normal range. That's huge because as long as his counts are normal, he can continue with his treatment on schedule. I'm praying that he'll continue to tolerate the chemo as well as he has!

As soon as we're done here today, Nate is going back to work. He has Board Meetings again and has presentations to give this afternoon and tomorrow. I'm constantly amazed at his strength. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. He's a wonderful example to me and our kids.

We're also so thankful for our family. My mom is here helping with the kids and the house this week! It's so nice to have her here. I wish I could just transplant our family to Farmington. They all still do an amazing job of supporting us from afar, but I can't imagine anything better than to have Nate's family and my family here in Farmington. Yes, that is a hint! :)  

As always, thanks and love to all! We are so blessed to have so many good people in our lives. Praying for a healthy Nate!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your positive attitude, Nat! I am bummed I can't be there to give you lots of hugs and just simply be there physically with you! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete