Friday, August 26, 2016

Keep On Keepin' On

Today I'm amazed at the goodness of others. Just when I think I've seen it all, I'm continuously surprised by how generous, kind, thoughtful, and loving people are. I'm forever grateful for the good people in my life. And that's all I have to say about that! Thank you Good People!

If you've read my latest posts, you'll know that Nate had scans a couple of weeks ago on August 9. I posted before that because I was worried that the scan results might put me in a funk and I'd be paralyzed and unable to write a cohesive thought. One might call me a pessimist, but I like to think of myself as one of Pavlov's dogs. I hear the word "scan" and I panic. After hearing about the blood clots in Nate's lungs, I secretly hoped that would be the worst of the scan results. Alas, our old friend Mr. CT was thorough and left no stone unturned.

The scan results weren't what we were hoping for. All the tumors are slightly larger than the last scan. Ugh. It makes me sad even as I type the words. Nate's doctor has been out of town and we haven't been able to discuss the results with him until today. He showed us the latest scan and the scan before and compared tumor sizes. They haven't grown a ton, but it sure would be a party to see them get smaller! Dr. G is an optimistic guy, which I appreciate. He's still encouraging Nate to stay on the immunotherapy treatments and reminded us that response times can vary from person to person. The drug company will allow Nate to continue with the treatments as long as his doctor feels it could be beneficial. We will continue to hope and pray and live our lives. Then we'll hope and pray and live some more.



Just a quick mention that Nate actually had the scans a few weeks earlier than originally planned. He and the NP decided to go ahead and do the scan at the beginning of August instead of September. I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of less time in LaLa Land but what could I do? I should always know better than to second guess the timing of these things. As you know, the radiologist immediately picked up on blood clots in both of Nate's lungs so we were able to get him on blood thinning therapy and hopefully prevent more clots. Who knows how long Nate would've been asymptomatic to the pulmonary embolisms, and who knows if they would've caused bigger problems?  I'm so glad they caught the clots and that Nate is feeling so well! Miracles are all around us and I believe that Heavenly Father will prepare the way for us as we trust in his plan.

In the meantime...summer is over and school is in session! It was such a sad day to send my little chicks off to school, I loved having them home with me all summer! I'll miss their cute faces but I'm excited for the adventures they have ahead of them this year.

Sydney 4th Grade
Sam 6th Grade
Emma 9th Grade
Seth  11th Grade...you can tell from the smirk, right?!
 Hoping for happier news next time, but for now we will keep on keepin' on! Love to all.






2 comments:

  1. Very excellent blog. I read this have fruitful content and helpful for me. Thanks for publishing this blog.

    film processing services

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get this message, it would be great to have an update on Nate. I found out that I have PMP cancer and Dr Lambert just moved this past week from Mass to Utah. I am being set up for HIPEC soon and was looking up HIPEC surgery recovery when I came across your blog.

    Is Nate still doing well? Any advice for a prospective patient about things you would do differently if you had to start over? My name is Chris Chandler 435.216.2640, email: bhajichris@gmail.com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete