Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 7...Knock on Wood!

I'll start with "Knock on wood" from the get go! Drum roll please...           
 
Our cutest nurse ever just came in and disconnected Nate's last I.V.! Woo Hoo! His port is still accessed, but there's nothing running into it! It's hard to let myself believe that Nate's actually doing so well! I'm so proud of him!

It's crazy to be here doing this, all the while waiting and watching to see how Nate's body and mind are reacting to this crazy surgery. I hesitate to let my guard down but it's absolutely amazing to see Nate doing so well! It's fun to be here when Dr. Lambert comes in each morning and see the look of pleasant surprise on her face when she see's Nate! It hasn't happened every morning, but when it does, I get butterflies in my stomach because I can see that she truly is surprised to see how good he looks! It's a humbling experience to watch blessings unfold before our eyes.

Still working on walking, eating, pain control, and wound healing, but Nate is rapidly moving in the right direction! Our combined faith and prayers are bringing blessings to us like I've never experienced. Starting our day with much gratitude!

2 comments: