Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 12 Post Op

The good news is that we're still at the Hope Lodge, and not in the hospital! And there is no bad news. :) Nate had a good night sleep, and was able to sleep in this morning. He felt well enough to attend church at the Worcester 2nd Ward. We shared a pew with Dr. Lambert, and I felt like we had a bonus post op appointment. Her concern for Nate was evident as I noticed her lean forward throughout the meeting to look at him. She wasn't just taking glances either. She'd take a good long look at him, then ask me if I thought he was doing OK. She was assessing him. She commented to me that he was probably pretty uncomfortable sitting there, but that she was happy he could come. I'm grateful for her concern. She's such a genuine person. I'll miss her, and wish we could bring her home with us!

It was so great to have him there at church with me. After his surgery in February, it took exactly one month until he felt well enough to attend Sacrament Meeting with us. What a blessing that he's only 12 days out and was able to attend. I know we've been so blessed.

We're grateful to be here at the Hope Lodge. It's a quiet, bed and breakfast kind of a place to be. The other guests here are all very kind. We spent a quiet day here. Nate took a good long nap, and I was able to index names from the 1940 census. It's kind of fun! I got Nate out for a good walk this evening, and he did great! We're praying that he continues to improve day by day. We can't wait to come home! Love to all!


2 comments:

  1. So glad things are 'awake' and moving in the right direction. Crossing our fingers all continues to go well and you are back with your family soon! ~ Jason Vernon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan..... You and your wife continue to inspire me.. sending you both my prayers and love. Angela

    ReplyDelete