Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 29...Turning a Corner?



This morning I woke up to a great surprise! I received a big envelope full of happiness. My Mom helped our kids send pictures and notes to Nate and me. It's amazing what a difference a little surprise like that made.

We had a good day today. Nate had a good night sleep, and when I got to the hospital he looked so good! Everyone kept commenting on how good he looked. He ate all of his breakfast, lunch, and most of his dinner. What a difference a day makes! The steroids seem to help his appetite. It's a good thing too, because he weighed in at a brawny 169 pounds. Wow. Apparently, the last time he weighed that much was in high school! Between his mom and I, we'll fatten him up!


I immediately hung the kids' pictures in Nate's room. Nothing could've brightened our day more.

His labs looked better today. His kidney function looked a little better, and his white blood cell count was down from 26, to 19, to 18 today. Even though the kidney labs looked better, the kidney doctors decided they still wanted to do an ultrasound. Fortunately, Nate's kidneys and bladder looked normal. They feel pretty certain that he won't have lasting effects, and that his kidney function should return to normal at some point. We're thankful for this blessing!

Nate felt so good today that he got dressed in his own clothes! He even put shoes on. It's been two weeks since he's done either of those things. I'm proud of him and the progress he's made. He's endured so well. He is one tough guy, and I love him all the more for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment