Friday, January 11, 2013

Snow Day!!!

What a great surprise to see the beautiful snow outside this morning! School was called off, and the kids are all out playing in the snow! The only thing that could make it better is if Nate and I could be home playing with them. I'm so glad they have today!











Nate did well yesterday. He had an elevated temperature most of Wednesday night and very low blood pressure which makes him nauseous and dizzy. The epidural he has for pain control is probably the culprit, so it becomes a balancing act. He got up once yesterday for about 5 minutes, and took a nice long walk (about 20 feet each way) today. He had a little fever again last night but it went away quickly. His BP is still low but not low enough, I guess.

I picked the kids up after school and brought them to the hospital. They were a little nervous, but I could see that they were relieved to see their dad. He still had the NG tube in so nobody was quite sure about that, but after some coaxing I got them to sit on his bed for hugs and kisses. We're both so proud of the way our kids have handled all the trials they've faced this year. I'm amazed at their resilience and the way they have had such simple faith. They are great examples to me, and are often what keeps me going. It was great for Nate to feel their love and support.

It took us an hour and 15 minutes (30 minutes usually) to get home in the snow! When we arrived, we found that our driveway had been cleared and a friend was working on our front steps. This morning I woke up to another clear driveway. Thank you, thank you!

Nate's white blood cell count was elevated to 22 Wednesday night but was down to 18 this morning. We continue to pray for his bowel to mend together and to wake up. Thank you to all of our angels, both seen and unseen who we feel watching over our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment