Thursday, November 20, 2014

One Flew Out Of The Cuckoo's Nest

That's it folks! He's out. When I arrived at the hospital this morning, Nate's discharge process was well on its way. I, of course, threw a major fit and asked for a few more days of surveillance but was immediately shut down and offered a Valium, which I politely declined. Nate met all of the discharge goals; his pain is in control, he's off IV meds, he's eating and walking, and apparently sweet talking all of the doctors into letting him go. After a very reassuring discussion with Dr. Lambert, we got to leave the hospital around 1:00! I'm so glad to have him staying at the Hope Lodge with me! I've missed him so much!


Taken this morning  just before we got the good news!
Seriously, he looks too good to be in the hospital, right?!

Today is Day 8 post-op, and Nate and I are both pretty surprised at his relatively short hospital stay. Last HIPEC he stayed for 10 days post-op and we thought that was amazing! Nate was definitely not as "healthy" the last time around, he had a lot more disease, and was about 40 pounds lighter. He's done so well this time around that I keep waiting for some ball to drop. I'm so grateful for Nate's strength and resilience. I know that we've been so very, very blessed. Thank you for all of the prayers!

Behind that patient smile Nate
 was screaming "Get me out of here!"


Goodbye Elevator C! Hope to never see you again!
Looks ready for a jog!


On to better days!

                   
After our big escape, we headed to the Hope Lodge where Nate will rest and recover under my watchful eye. The plan is to take it easy over the weekend, pray hard that his liver will heal and stop draining, and that everything else will heal up well! He has an appointment with the liver surgeon on Monday and an appointment with Dr. Lambert on Tuesday, where he'll get his 69 staples removed (we miscounted)!  He's been a very good patient thus far, and I promise not to let him lift more than a gallon of milk, eat popcorn, or go for a jog. 

The kids were pretty excited when we told them the news! So was Nate....haha!
Love to All!


1 comment:

  1. So glad things are going well for you Nate and Natalie. Your names are on the prayer rolls at the Nauvoo Temple. We hope health and healing continue for you!

    ReplyDelete